Materials must be received by March 1, 2018 and include the following:
- Student’s fully completed application.
- Student’s high school transcript.
- One letter of recommendation from your teacher and/or counselor; or from an employer, if you have or have had one. Family members are ineligible.
- A typed essay of between 250 – 500 words describing why you are applying for this scholarship, your affiliation with the hospitality industry, if any, and your career goals. All materials submitted will be held in strict confidence and become the property of the Max Cares Foundation.
Please submit application to:
Max Cares Foundation, Inc
C/O Ruben/Horan, P.C.
249 Pearl St, 3rd Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
- May be used at any properly accredited college, university, or trade school providing training in Culinary and Hospitality fields.
- Must be used within 12 months of this grant.
- May be used to defray tuition, supplies, room or board. Max Cares Foundation reserves the right to pay the Institution directly.
This scholarship is provided for one-time use only. No continued scholarship support for the student is stated or implied. However, application may be submitted year by year as applicant sees fit.
The Foundation will give consideration to the following criteria in making a final selection:
- Desire for career in Food Service Industry
- Employment record and extra-curricular activities.
- Need based on information obtained in the application and interview, if one held.
- Scholastic record.